The Rep invites individuals and groups to participate in the varied aspects of theatrical production by volunteering their time. Volunteers are needed year round to help with administrative, front of the house, and production duties.
Volunteers can assist with the following:
– Ushering at the performances
– Theatre maintenance
– Backstage work
– Set painting
– Much more!
If you have a little extra time and want to share your talents with the Rep and ultimately, the community, we urge you to be a part of our team! Volunteers can receive free tickets, discounts on merchandise, program credit and other special rewards.
If you are interested in volunteering, please call 850-231-0733 and leave a message if there is no answer, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of the Rep will contact you soon. Please include some information about the type of volunteer work you are interested in, and your availability.
Thanks for supporting the Rep!
Volunteer Job Descriptions:
- Special Events:
- Serve on the Events Committee. Attend meetings, help plan & coordinate events, assist with set-up and break down of equipment. Approx. 12 hours, pre-, mid-, and post-event.
- Work registration table at events. Check in attendees, accept & process payments, distribute information. Approx 2 hours, pre- and mid-event.
- Work bar/concessions/merchandise table at events (Must be over 18 if serving alcohol). Serve beverages and/or food to attendees, sell merchandise, accept payments. Approx. 5 hours, pre- and mid-event.
- Work production/labor at events. Assist with setting up and breaking down staging, chairs, tables, bars, lighting and sound equipment, signs, etc. Approx 5 hours, pre- and post-event.
- Assist with set construction. Carpentry skills appreciated. Hours/times as needed, approx 1-10 hours per production.
- Assist with set painting. Hours/times as needed, approx 1-5 hours per production.
- Assist with costume sewing/alterations. Hours/times as needed, approx 1-5 hours per production.
- Usher during performances in the theatre. Assist patrons with finding their seats, distribute programs, direct patrons to the restrooms, ATM, concessions stand, and membership table, answer basic questions about the performance. Approx 45 minutes per performance.
- Work concessions during performances in the theatre (Must be over 18.) Serve beverages to patrons, sell merchandise, accept payment. Approx 1 hour per performance.
- Work membership table during performances in the theatre. Distribute information, answer questions, and accept completed forms and payments. Approx 1 hour per performance.
- Work merchandise/info table during outdoor productions. Sell merchandise, accept payments, distribute information, answer questions, accept completed membership forms and payment. Approx 1.5 hours during outdoor performances.
- Office clean-up/organization. Assist Rep staff with purging files, sorting supplies, filing and general organization. Periodic, as needed. Approx 2 hours.
- Mailings. Fold letters, stuff envelopes, affix postage and mailing labels. Periodic, as needed. Approx 1-2 hours.
- Hanging posters and distributing flyers at businesses throughout the community. Needed 3-4 weeks prior to each production. Approx 1-2 hours.